Join an all-star panel of Albizu University psychology and mental health pros for a 1-hour webinar on the psychology of “powering through!”
About this event
After high-profile Olympians Naomi Osaka and Simone Biles upended the world’s long-held notion of athletic grit by taking mental health time-outs in the middle of competition, their actions sparked heated debate over the benefits and dangers associated with the traditional sports strategy of “powering through” adversity.
On Thursday, October 14, join a panel of Albizu University psychology professors and mental health professionals for a one-hour webinar from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. (ET) as they analyze the “no pain-no gain” concept of winning at all costs and talk about where to draw the line in our own personal quests for success.
The discussion will center on the importance of prioritizing mental and physical health, and the stigma that persists around admitting emotional exhaustion.
This event is FREE and open to the public. To register, click HERE.
- Dr. Scott Bauer, Psy.D., M.Sc.PP., M.S., L.M.H.C. (Moderator), Albizu Assistant Professor and Practicum II Supervisor for Albizu’s Master’s in Psychology Programs.
- Dr. Isaac Tourgeman, Ph.D., M.S. ClinPharm, Faculty Member and Professor-Doctoral Program Psychology at Albizu University
- Dr. Jessica Popham, Ph.D., LMFT, Faculty and Practicum Coordinator for Albizu Master’s in Psychology Programs
- Yamila Lezcano, LMHC, Assistant Professor for Albizu’s Undergraduate Psychology and Education Program
- Albizu Graduate Orlando Castro, LMHC, Private Practice Family Counselor and Director of the Adolescent Unit at Larkin Hospital of South Miami.